- Folic Acid: Vitamin B9--or folic acid--is a water-soluble vitamin that is especially important for pregnant women. It plays a crucial role in the healthy development of the fetus, as it may reduce the risk of neural tube defects. Our Prenatal Formula contains 800 mcg of Folic Acid along with other nourishing vitamins and minerals.* Folic acid also helps with the creation of red blood cells, in building muscle, supporting cardiovascular health, and in promoting the production of chemicals in the brain.*
- Calcium: Calcium is an essential mineral that should be included in a woman’s diet, especially as she ages, to maintain bone density.* According to the National Osteoporosis Foundation, Calcium plays an important role in building stronger, denser bones early in life and keeping bones strong and healthy later in life. This mineral is often paired with Vitamin D in formulas such as Calcium 1200 + Vitamin D to create a synergistic formula that is more readily absorbed by the body than just calcium alone.*
- Biotin: Another B vitamin on the list? Absolutely! Vitamin B7--better known as biotin--is often referred to as the beauty vitamin as it plays a key role in maintaining youthful-looking skin, soft, luxurious hair, and healthy, strong nails.* Adding biotin supplements such as Biotin 1000 mcg to your daily regimen also supports energy metabolism, healthy muscles, and nervous system function.*
- Cranberry: These small, tart, red berries may be often found in tarts, pies, and smoothies, but cranberries are so much more than just a smack of flavor on an ingredient list! Cranberries have a natural supply of vitamin C, manganese, dietary fiber, and antioxidants, and have long been traditionally used to support urinary tract health.* Cranberry supplements, like our CRAN-MAX 500mg, deliver the nutritional goodness of these berries without the tart taste of juice.
- Evening Primrose Oil: A lovely little yellow flower, evening primrose is a treasure from Mother Nature! It is naturally rich in the important omega-6 essential fatty acid gamma-linoleic acid (GLA), which famously supports the heart, brain, and overall health.* For women, however, evening primrose has an added bonus--one that has been used for centuries--in helping to soothe away premenstrual symptoms (PMS).* Try Evening Primrose Oil 500 mg for yourself!
While the best way to ensure you’re getting the most out of your nutrition is to eat a well-balanced diet, adding supplements to your daily regimen can help fill gaps in your diet and support a healthy, well-balanced lifestyle!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information provided in this blog is intended for general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. If you have any questions regarding a medical condition, seek the advice of your physician or a qualified healthcare provider.