It’s official: there’s a chill is in the air, the nights are getting shorter, and all around you friends, family, and coworkers are starting to get that tickle in their throat that sends you running to the sink to wash your hands a bit more often than normal.
That’s right, Winter is upon us, and with it comes the search for immune-boosting nutrients to help get you through the season. Break out the blenders and the bottles: here are our favorite immune-supportive foods and supplements in the spirit of the season!
- Vitamin C: The old classic, vitamin C is perhaps the most popular vitamin added to diets during seasonal changes. This powerful antioxidant is also known as ascorbic acid, and is an essential nutrient, meaning our bodies cannot make it and we must get it from dietary sources. Citrus fruits are famously rich in vitamin C, but supplements such as Bronson Vitamin C 1000 mg are also a great addition this time of year.
- Echinacea: Pronounced eh-kin-AY-sha, this eye-catching purple flower has been used in folk traditions to support the immune system for over 400 years. It is commonly paired with Goldenseal, another timeless herb, in immune-boosting formulas such as Bronson Echinacea & Goldenseal Complex.* These herbs are especially helpful with symptoms of the common cold and in supporting respiratory health.*
- Probiotics: These “good bacteria” include superstar microbials such as Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus acidophilus, which may have intimidating names but are incredibly beneficial for overall health.* Probiotics colonize the gut to keep the internal flora in check, fighting off “bad bacteria” and supporting digestive health and overall immune wellness year-round.* Try The Perfect Probiotic supplements for Bronson’s own proprietary supply of these friendly flora.
- Green Tea: Strike up the kettle and start brewing, because it’s green tea season! This ancient herbal concoction is an incredibly rich source of free radical-scavenging antioxidants and a polyphenol called EGCG, which helps support immune wellness.* If the earthy flavor of green tea isn’t for you or you’re interested in a quick and easy way to get the benefits of this ancient herb, try Bronson Green Tea Liquid Extract for simple daily supplementation. You can even add it to your next smoothie for a nutritional boost!
- Oregano Oil: Utilized as far back as the ancient Greeks, oregano is more than just a common kitchen herb. It contains a naturally-occurring biochemical called carvacrol, which helps to support immune system health.* Bronson Oregano Oil can be used internally or externally in a plethora of health-boosting ways, and is a popular addition to anyone looking to kick their immunity into high-gear this season.*
What’s your favorite way to support your immune system during the fall and winter months? Have you tried any of these approaches?