Natural Mood and Energy Support
Feeling blah? You’re not alone. Shortened days, frigid weather, increased screen time, and winter ailments can decrease energy and negatively affect mood. Both are interconnected, decreasing and increasing from internal and external factors. To help enhance mood and energy without harmful stimulants, make sure you’re getting enough of the right amounts of nutrients.
Nutritional Support for Winter Months:
- Omegas & Fish Oil: Omega-3 fatty acids, such as DHA and EPA, may help to support cognitive health and may support mood and energy levels. An added benefit may be improved joint comfort.
- Vitamin D: Lack of sunshine in the winter months can lead to vitamin D depletion, which may wreck havoc on energy and disposition. Vitamin D helps to provide nervous system support. An added benefit is immune support for seasonal conditions.
- B Vitamins: When one thinks of B vitamins, the word “energy” comes to mind, particularly with B12. All of the B vitamins work together to deliver a range of health benefits, including nervous system support, which may help support mood.
- Herbs: St. John’s Wort is widely known to help level mood and support healthy sleep cycles for better energy during waking hours. Korean Ginseng is a centuries-old energy and endurance builder. Need sleep to recharge? Valerian Root also promotes a good night’s rest for improved energy levels.
- SAMe - An all-natural energy-supporting compound, SAM-e may help to assist a more balanced disposition as well.
Cutting back on artificial sweeteners, caffeine and alcohol and increasing amounts of sleep and exercise can also help make a difference and may increase the positive effects of supplements as a whole.
Soon enough, warmer weather will be here and blooms will be springing from the earth. To have the energy and spirit to enjoy it, rejuvenate your body and mind with these natural mood and energy support supplements.